May 29, 2010

The Days Without Guys - Year 2 Day 258

The closer I get to adulthood, the more my parents treat me as if I'm a child. I don't understand.

I go to school and get good grades. I make sure my little brother eats and that he always has money. I go to work.

I try my best to not do anything to make them not let me stay out for a little bit. I stay out late at least once every 2 months. And late is about 12 am, not even. And I don't know what to say. What do you say when your mom kicks you out? What do you say when your dad tells you that you're a disappointment to the family? What do you say when your parents tell you that you're giving them a bad reputation?

All of this has to do with one thing. RELIGION.

My family is making me dislike my religion more and more. And I cannot convert because I don't want to be that disrespectful. But everything always relates to religion. Who made up religion? Why should I have guidelines on how to live my life? It's my life, I should be able to do what I want. It's not fair that I work my fucking ass off in school and at work then I go out for a little bit and I get yelled at as an award. What did I do to deserve this?

These questions probably will never be answered. As of now, they just want me in the house just because. And I am sick and tired of being treated as if I am 5 years old. I am sick of it.

Until next time,
Che Dau Xanh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you tell them you'll turn into a butterfly and fly away.
parents are weird, sometimes they bathe in ignorance for too long and refuse to accept that there is a great gap in their generation when compare to us. Maybe they're not ready to acknowledge that you're growing up so they treat you like that in hope to repress you from leaving them

Che Thai said...

i think they're not willing to accept the fact that you're growing up already and sooner or later you'll be on your own and away from them. well that's for my case, at least. haha they want to keep me for as much as possible and since i'm the youngest one, all the pressure is on me -___-"

Che Trai Cay said...

we LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE you!
they don't want their little girl to grow up since you are the only girl in the family! its out of love even though it's is suffocating at times.

and religion is like the new racism. people should just get over it.